Tuesday, June 2, 2015

# In the News

Caitlyn Jenner: 'This is about your life' #caitlynjenner

It's in all the headlines, people are talking about it on social media and most are in the shock of the transformation of Bruce Jenner, better known now as Caitlyn Jenner.  As most of you have seen by now, Bruce has started his transgender journey as a woman.  And she - Caitlyn - is far beautiful than anyone could ever imagine especially for being 65.



So what's this have to do with soul mates?  I couldn't resist to post my take on this because the message needs to be heard - love yourself first

Most of us go through our lives trying to lead normal lives even with the bumps and bruises.  Bruce did just that but felt his life was wasting away because "he" wasn't what "she" wanted to be. She was quoted as saying of the Vanity Fair photo shoot, "That was a good day, but the last couple of days were better...This shoot was about my life and who I am as a person.  It's not about the fanfare, it's not about people cheering in the stadium, it's not about going down the street and everybody giving you 'that a boy, Bruce' pat on the back, O.K.  This is about your life."

It takes a lot of guts to declare war on yourself and that's exactly what she did because despite what criticism she would get from the press (none so far that I can tell) and her family (some accepting, some not), she did it to be true to herself.

I have preached over and over again that in order for anyone to love you, you have to love yourself first and Caitlyn Jenner is a living testimony to this despite the fact that she had to change her gender to do it.  While some people might not understand why someone born a man would want to become a woman, I think I do understand.

On his Facebook page, he writes, "I'm so happy after such a long struggle to be living my true self.  Welcome to the world Caitlyn.  Can't wait for you to get to know her/me."

Sign up for Dorothy Thompson's Are You My Soul Mate? newsletter for updates, book announcements, relationship articles, relationship advice and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates