Wednesday, June 22, 2016

# Travel

My Visit to A.R.E. - Synchronicity or Not?

When authors do research for their books, they use different methods to get the information they need.  They scour the Internet, go to libraries (some still do!) and sometimes synchronicity comes into play.

I just returned from a trip to Virginia Beach with my boyfriend.  We walked the Boardwalk (Neptune was huge!), visited the Aquarium (if you haven't, you need to), but the one place we visited became the most important part of our trip.

Here I am at the Aquarium:



I want to call it a journey.  Unbeknownst to me, it was the most gratifying not because of the spiritual feel of the place, but because it helped me in my journey to get the word out about soul mates.

It is called A.R.E. (Association for Research and Enlightenment).  I'm not even sure why it was so important to go, only that I really wanted to go there.  We were running out of time after the Aquarium, but I managed to talk my boyfriend into stopping there.



For those who do not know, A.R.E. is an institute honoring Edgar Cayce.  Edgar Cayce was a prophet back in the day. I had done a lot of research on Cayce when I was putting together Romancing the Soul, starting with purchasing my first book about Cayce, Edgar Cayce on Soul Mates by Kevin J. Todeschi.  Was I surprised to find out Cayce and I agreed on the same philosophy about soul mates.  A lot of people think they only have one soul mate and Cayce (along with myself) wanted to get the word out that we have more than one soul mate and each one comes into your life for a special reason and to teach you something in your journey to find higher self.

Walking in, I could feel the butterflies.  I was walking into Cayce's life and teachings.

We browsed the gift shop.  I purchased two Buddhas for myself, a BELIEVE stone for my daughter and some incense for my son.

It was getting late but as we walked past the front desk, a woman stopped us and asked us if it was our first time there.  Before you knew it, she was filling us with so much information about Cayce, it was blowing my mind.

Then...my boyfriend told her I write books and before I knew it she and I were discussing soul mates.  And that's when she said why don't I put my books in the gift shop.

I had never even considered doing that.  Romancing the Soul is in paperback which I had a boxful of but my upcoming book, Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Soul Mates And Were NOT Afraid to Ask unfortunately is going to start out as an ebook.  Or that was my intention.  However, if I can get Romancing the Soul in there first, I could really consider turning Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Soul Mates and Were NOT Afraid to Ask into paperback.

Now, if I had not walked in that institute that day, I would never have even known there was a really good possibility I could get my books stocked there by consignment.  What the perfect place and what's really cool about it is that my books mention Edgar Cayce!

Gut instincts....never underestimate your gut instincts.  I knew there was a reason I needed to go.

Oh, here's a picture of me walking the labyrinth.  I want to do it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates